The mission of the Association is to facilitate advancement of statistical knowledge and promote applications of statistical theory in all spheres of life and hence contribute positively to the development of South Africa
The Association shall strive to accomplish this mission:
- by creating a forum for attracting and nurturing statisticians in South Africa, and advancing their interests;
- by actively participating in appropriate processes and structures which impact on the South African society;
- by promoting public understanding of those statistical concepts which enhance critical faculties and effective citizenship, and fostering public appreciation of sound statistical practice;
- by being accessible to, and supportive of, the users of statistics in the broader community; and
- by actively cooperating with organisations and societies associated with disciplines that are broadly related to statistics.
The Association will give financial and other support for research into statistical theory and its applications; will arrange an annual conference and will give guidance to members by means of the SASA NEWSLETTER, the official newsletter, and by making available to members the SOUTH AFRICAN STATISTICAL JOURNAL, the official journal, and/or any other publication; and will in general carry out in a judicious and organised manner any function or act in pursuance of and promoting the above goals.
Note: SASA does not have collections of statistical data. Please contact StatsSA if you are looking for South African statistics.